"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?" – Yogi Berra
Greatest All-Time Yankees
Description: Being a life long Yankee fan, why not start it off with my Top 10 All-Time Favorite Yankees
10. Rich Gossage RP – Why is he not in the HOF yet? A little Gossage Trivia –
appeared in 1002 games during his career from 1972 through 1994. Only 37 of
these games were those where we was the starting pitcher. In 1976 his last year
with the White Sox Gossage went 9-17 with a 3.94 ERA in 31 appearences, 29 of
which he started. Even more amazing is the fact he knotted 15 complete games.
9. Don Mattingly 1B – Like Jeter he is the definition of what it means to be a Yankee
8. Yogi Berra C – Not only a tremendous catcher but his quotes are A+
7. Phil Rizzuto SS – One of the best characters the game has ever seen
6. Mariano Rivera RP – Has rewritten the book on the proto-type closer
5. Ron Guidry SP – A tremendous pitcher and one of the greatest lefty’s out there.
A definate HOF if you ask me.
4. Derek Jeter SS – Yep, even now. Jeter defines what being a Yankee is all about.
3. Thurman Munson C – Thurman to me defines baseball, great catcher!
2. Lou Gehrig 1B – Career numbers were actually better than anybody else in history
had his playing days been unfortunately cut short.
1. Babe Ruth OF – The greatest MLB player off all-time, let alone the Yankees